Computers like cars need to be serviced regularly to ensure they are kept in tip-top shape. Sometimes greater efforts are required to improve computer speed and at other times, just the occasional attention to give it a once over will do the job.
A faster computer makes like more productive, as it is much more possible to do task quicker in less time, so daily activities can be planned and allow some freedom.
It is a known fact that nobody like to use slow computers are are forever grinding along and not achieving positive results – that would be really annoying – and trust me, I know this too well.
Today we are going to look at some of the ways we can easily give computers the necessary attention so that they perform faster and without much delay, let us delve into why you need to increase computer speed.
Although no specific computer model or brand is being highlighted here, these principles apply equally well to Windows based computers, Apple Mac, Android devices and Linux systems. After all, they are really just computers with different operating systems and electronic circuit architectures.
There are popular paid and free tolls that can help you to improve computer performance and the decision as to which is more feasible depends on the situation at hand. Here are a few common system health check tips you can adopt for increasing your computer speed and system performance.
- Try using the system performance troubleshooter.
- Delete programs or applications that you never use.
- Limit how many programs run at startup.
- Clean up your hard disk.
- Run fewer programs at the same time.
- Turn off visual effects that increase physical demands for memory.
- Restart regularly or after occasional system use.
- Change the size of virtual memory.
- Scan for viruses and other malicious programs.
- Do periodic system health checks to remove crapware.